7.22.2009

Phoenix Vacation...

Luke took me on a mini vacation this last weekend. We left Friday afternoon to drive down and stay at a resort in Phoenix, AZ. On the way down, we accidently turned the wrong way in Hurricane and didn't realize it untill we were almost to Zion, so we had to turn around and drive all the way back, which added a whole hour onto an already 7 hour drive, I could tell Luke was a little frustrated that he did that but I just laughed cause I was having a good time. We took the route through Jacob's Lake and it was so pretty.
Here is where Jacob's Lake is...
15 miles down the road and it turns to this...crazy!
I call this the mini grande canyon...this river eventually leads there.
One day we went to the famous sprinkles cupcakes store, it was really good but about an hour after I ate my cupcake I felt sick, I think it was a little to rich.
They had these huge cactus clusters all over our resort...

One night we met some friends and went to the movies and dinner. This is me and my love at the movie theater, he' so cute!
Our friends...Jordan, Randy, Me, Luke...dinner at BJ's.
The stadium where the super bowl was, Luke was excited to see this.
This is camel back mountain, our resort was right along side this mini mountain.

On the last night, Luke took me to the Chandler Mall so I could go to Forever 21 and shop. While I was shopping Luke wanted to go shop too, so we met back up after a little bit, I bought shirts, he bought cookies! Funny! Who goes to a mall and buys cookies? I love this side of Luke! We went to a pet store and looked and puppies and then Luke took me to Cheesecake Factory!
I think my favorite part about Arizona was these huge cactus's. I thought they were so cute, I wish they had them in St.George, I'm weird, I know but they really were cool!
Thanks my love for a wonderful time...I can't wait for next time!

9 comments:

hannah said...

what a fun little getaway!! you are just too gorgeous, kourtney :)

Myles N Amanda said...

how fun! i love cheesecake factory! tell luke he can take me there anytime ! haha! love your hair kourt!

Katie said...

I was waiting and waiting til the end of the post for you to say that HE PROPOSED... hahaha, dang it! Looks like fun, bet it was hot!!!!! Cute blog BTW

JeNNy said...

looKS LIKE you had a blast!! you guys look so cute! I am jealous I need a vacation!! and you look tan no fair haha!

JeNNy said...

oh cute blog too!!

Kamill said...

Looks like you two had a great time. Fun to get away for a few days. Kristy worked at the Chandler mall when she lived there.

Anonymous said...

That looks like tonz of fun! You look gorgeous in the blue shirt. It makes your eyes look amazing! Geez am I in love with you or something? haha...

Rappleye Family said...

I love mini vacations! I just can't get enough of them! I love your hair!

Tyler & Laura said...

No vacation is complete without a trip to Forever 21!!!!