Update
On Tuesday morning at work I collapsed with an intense pain on my right side. I called Luke to take me to the emergency room. I was freaking out knowing I was pregnant at this time. They did an ultra sound, not expecting to see anything (I was only 3 weeks along). This is when they found a large cyst on my right ovary. Cyst's can be common and usually come and go, but my cyst was measuring 5cm (about the size of a plum). Having a positive pregnancy test and finding this large cyst set up red flags for the ER Dr as well as my OB. Cyst's can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy's can rupture your fallopian tube, causing internal bleeding, ruining your chance at fertility on that side, and can even cause death. After coming out of surgery yesterday, the Dr said it was for sure ectopic and they were able to save the tube and everything should heal just fine. I do not believe in coincidences. I know Heavenly Father had a hand in all this. Even though at first I thought, oh man, I have a freaking cyst, I think that the cyst actually helped save my body and life from any further damage by calling attention to that area. Trials are hard. This one was probably one of my hardest but my faith has grown so much over the last few days. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood and for my loving husband who was able to give me blessing's during this rough time. I know that if we continue to do what's right and have faith, Heavenly Father will always bless us, even in times like this. Once again, I'd just like to thank everyone for their words of love and encouragement. I know we will get through this.
10 comments:
I love how you are able to see positive in a hard situation! I look up to you for that! I am glad you posted an update. It is good to know that everything went well, and that you are safe from further harm. You have sure had a rough month with the kidney stones and now this. I know Heavenly Father loves and blesses us! Are you still in the hospital or are you home now? I'll try calling you later today! Love ya Kourt! :)
I love you sis. You are such a strong example to me, and you have helped MY testimony grow. I love you, and I know Heavenly Father is holding us through trials. It IS his plan. He loves us, and we may not know why, but he does have a plan for each and every single one of us.
I will stop by later today, with menchies and a whole lots of hugs :) LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!
Oh I am so sorry. I had an ectopic pregnancy that partially ruptured before I got pregnant with Saige. I was only 6 weeks, but we had just told Easton and we were so excited. Seriousely, that was one of the roughest things I've ever been through. It was so sad and yet at the same time, it is times like that when you are so grateful it wasn't worse. You can't help but be thankful for the knowledge and peace the gospel brings. Blessings are just around the corner after trials like that and I am sure you have a little spirit waiting to come down and join your family that will be here soon to heal your heart. If you need to talk you know my number- I am so sorry.-Char
I don't log on the computer for a few days and I miss all this. I'm sorry Kourt!!!! I know the pain of ectopic pregnancy surgery. I hope you're recovering okay! I'm so glad they saved your tube. Mine was saved too... and I got pregnant this 4th time around completely fine... even though I made them do like 8 ultrasounds hahaha. That's the best part though... WHEN you get pregnant again... you'll get to do a bunch of ultrasounds right off the bat just to make sure it's in your uterus.
The cyst totally helped you. I knew I was having an ectopic but with no pain even my OB scolded me and said things were fine.... until I was in the ER and he apologized hehe.
This is a long comment. I wonder if you have PCOS too with your cyst and not getting pregnant easily. The thing that helped me get pregnant this time was exercise. I was working out every day for at least 45 minutes... and got pregnant without clomid or anything like I had to with Brenika. So... when you're feeling better and ready to try again... I swear exercise works!!!
I hope you're doing okay emotionally. Losing babies is hard... even when you've only known for a few days. The best part is knowing that we will get to raise those children in the next life. Love ya!!!!! Call me if you need anything or have any questions about recovery.
Kourt! i just wanted to say how much i appreciate your positive attitude. It has changed my perspective quite a bit on the little problems i face everyday. With that said: i still love ya! and i am calling for a visit soon to st george. I have got to get down there to see y'all.
Kourtney, I am so sorry!! You have an absolutely amazing outlook. I too, struggle with fertility issues so I know the heartbreak and frustration it can be to try and bring babies into the world. I certainly know I don't have the positive attitude you have after miscarriages or hopeful months. Thank you for your example and putting the important things into perspective. I hope you are feeling ok and please, if there is anything I can do, let me know.
Kourt, my heart breaks for you as I have been in your shoes. There are no words but I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are recovering physically but the emotional pain takes longer to heal. Trust in your faith,all things happen for a reason. When you do have a child one day, it will be that much sweeter as you know the heartache of loss. I love you and am praying for you and Luke. Call me anytime to chat. Sending hugs your way. Xoxo
So sorry you had to go through this. Praying for ya! Miss ya!
Oh man! I cant even imagine all the emotions you must be feeling. It is definitely true that we learn so much and discover so many things that strengthen us when we go through trials. But it sure doesn't make things any easier. You are my thoughts and prayers :) Hang in there girlie! Loves <3
OH my goodness I had no Idea this happened! I am so so sorry Courtney. You are so lucky you were able to find this out as soon as you did. I don't know if you knew this but my first pregnancy was an ectopic and mine unfortunately ruptured. My doc did the assumption of thinking i had miscarried because my HCG levels had dropped. He did NOT do an ultrasound to make sure or anything and a whole 9 days later it ruptured!i was 8 and a half weeks. I had been internally bleeding for 10 hrs by the time they did surgery. The ER Doctor was ready to take out my ovary and give me a blood transfusion. Luckily we got another doctors opinion He said I was young enough to get my blood supply back and I was so blessed to be alive and have the surgery so so smoothly they were able to save everything but the tube. I only have one tube now But was able to get pregnant 5 more times right in a row with only one tube! I know It is so emotional. I remember saying I can do this physically but i don't want to do this emotionally i don't want to do this again emotionally. But then i did and then you learn that unfortunately we have no control because if we did we would have changed things a long time ago! I know it is so hard but looking back at our 5 miscarriages as hard as it was and as crazy as this sounds, i would not have changed a thing, for what i have learned and how i have grown from these trials and what seemed like the longest 3 yrs does not compare to the blessing that will now come the rest of our lives:) I will never take for granted the small things. I know i am a better mom because what i had to go through to get her. They are so worth waiting for:) It is not a fun road to go down but when you get passed it you only become stronger and that much more grateful for those special blessing that will come:) Hang in there, you will get your special miracle baby someday:) Please let me know if there is anything i can do. I have this great book called "Gone to Soon" it helped me lots and it said the cutest thing in there... it said that there is always a rainbow after a storm so they call them rainbow babies after a miscarriage. I pray that you get your rainbow baby very soon:)
Post a Comment