7.05.2011

the fourth.

The 4th of July just might be my favorite holiday. I love going home to Delta and participating in all the small town traditions and I love being with my family. We started off the celebrations by going to a friend reunion held by my friend Casie every year the night before the 4th. We had a fun evening catching up with some of my high school friends and their spouses. It was my first year to bring a spouse, so I was happy about that. Then the morning of the fourth, we made our way down to watch the parade. They do a jet fly over every year, and I just love it. The parade was great! It is filled with floats on the back of trucks, horses, old tractors, small town beauty queens, and plenty of candy for the kiddos. Then my mom made a ton of amazing food and we had our traditional BBQ followed by a much needed nap. We then made our way to the demolition derby. This is seriously so fun! After that we hurried home to watch the firework show from my parents front lawn. We had a great holiday and we are so blessed with the many freedoms that we have. I love our country and I love having a day that we can wear red and be patriotic. I hope everyone had just as amazing day as we did.
Here are a few photos to highlight the day.













9 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

You guys all look great! Awesome pictures!!!!

The Felix Family said...

You did everything I love to do on the 4th. I love the small town, the parade, the BBQ, the Demo derby, and the fireworks...oh yeah and the nap. What a fun weekend!!!

The Nicholsons said...

I am so glad you posted pictures because I was so sad that we couldn't come this year! This is two years in a row now :( It looks like it was as great as ever. I love the pic with all the girls!

Casie said...

GREAT pictures of the jets, fireworks, and derby. I love them. (I may steal them.) I'm so glad you and Luke came to our get together. It was so fun catching up with you guys. :)

Kamill said...

Looks like everyone had a blast!!!! I love the 4th of July!!! Such a fun holiday!! Great pictures!!

Kristi said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We missed you. ♥

hannah said...

You always look so stylish and cute! Can I steal your wardrobe? Where did you get that cute gray and white cardigan? Your pictures look amazing! How fun to get together with friends and family.

Alisha Bowling said...

How fun!! I love the small town feel on holidays like the 4th! It's fantastic! Although, I've never been to a demolition derby...Jason LOVES them, but we've never gotten to one since we've been married. I'll have to check one out soon, sounds like fun!

I didn't realize you were from Delta...my cousin-in-law is from there and her whole family still lives there! We'll have to talk...I'm sure you know her since it is a small town. :)

Lucy and Landon said...

I totally love and miss the 4th in delta! Wish I could come :)