After the C-section they brought us back to our L&D room where I was able to do skin to skin with Mack and also try to feed him. They also did his first bath right in the room so we could watch. After all this we were moved up to the postpartum floor. During the rest of the day I had problems with pain and bleeding. The nurses thankfully were really good and doing everything they could to help me and make me comfortable. Finally by evening I was doing ok. They had the lactation consultant come a couple times to help me feed Mack. He had a hard time sucking so I was really stressed out about him starving. After the second day, he had dropped more than 10% of his body weight so they had me start supplementing with formula. This was so tiring to basically feed him then feed him a bottle right after. Luckily once we got home he began eating better and I was able to drop the formula. So, the second day we had a few visitors and I was able to get out of bed and shower, which was heaven! They also came and drew blood to check my levels because of the blood loss. My levels were quite low and they were considering giving me a blood transfusion. They decided to wait it out since my bleeding had gone down. Me and Luke were both getting restless and wanting to go home. Finally, after a horrible nights sleep, we were discharged Wednesday February 13th around noon. I was really pale and weak from the blood loss but ready to be home. Here are a few pics from my phone from the hospital.












1 comment:
What a cutie-pie! I love the mustache hat! Adorable!
I ended up having a blood transfusion and it wasn't bad but it wasn't fun! Glad you did not have to have one!
Post a Comment