12.30.2014

Christmas 2014

     On Christmas Eve, as a family we went and looked at Christmas lights and got pizza for dinner. We finally switched Mack's car seat forward facing and he loves it! We thought it was perfect timing so he could enjoy all the lights. He kept saying woah all night! He's the cutest. After dinner we opened Christmas jammies. Mack wanted nothing to do with it. He could care less about ripping the paper and got mad when we tried to force him. Once we let him down he ran and got his Christmas book and was happy.
     On Christmas day I woke up sick. Luke and Mack had both been sick so now it was my turn. Even being miserable I still had a wonderful day with my family. When we got up in the morning we did gifts with Mack. He had the cutest surprised look on his face looking at his toys. He also was a little confused and afraid, not sure what to do. He once again didn't really want to unwrap his gifts so we just did it for him and he played along as we unwrapped. We took our time and let him enjoy what he got. Then around 10:30 we had Luke's mom over for breakfast. I made a breakfast casserole and we had gifts with her. We spent some time hanging out then we all relaxed and took a nap. After nap time we headed over to my parents house. This year was really special. We had everyone of my siblings there together. This hasn't happened in years. It was so good just to hang out and be with each other. My mom made a yummy dinner and we had gifts with them. Over all Christmas was a great day and it was so nice to not have to travel or rush anywhere.
     One experience I wanted to write about. A few days before Christmas I had realized I hadn't even listened to any Christmas music this year. So while me and Mack were running a few errands I put a Christmas CD on in the car. The song "O holy night" came on and Mack just started singing at the top of his lungs. Right then I felt the spirit so strong. I started crying and singing right along with him. I know why we celebrate this special time of year and I need to remember to take time and think of the Savior. I need to be that example for Mack, even though he most of the time is my example. Our Savior is pure love and I feel so so blessed to have that knowledge in my life.


















1 comment:

Rappleye Family said...

Oh my goodness! Next Christmas will be 3 kids!!!! ahhhh!!! :)