7.05.2009

Independence Day...

I had a really good weekend going home for the forth. On Friday, I went to a little friend reunion BBQ and got to catch up with a few friends from highschool. It was fun, even though I was the only one not married. Thanks for hosting Casie!

Then Saturday morning we were off to the parade. Every year they have jets fly over to start the parade and I think it's the coolest thing ever!
Here are the cute kids all dressed up and waiting for their candy!
All the girls!
Me and my bro. Chasers!
Cute Lynds and Tyler-We were so glad they came again!
After our yummy lunch (thanks mom) we all were hanging out on the patio and thats when we discovered all the wasps nest. My mom was so funny, she got out the insect killer and she was on a mission to get them all. Two cans later...I'm pretty sure the wasps will stay away for awhile!
Then that evening we were off to the demolition derby! This is one of my favorite things about the forth because you'll always see alot of action and you get to see the whole town of Delta crammed into the arena.
Enjoying the show!
My dad had to work this year but luckily he got off in time to join us for the derby!
The best crash of the night!
Then to end the night we go back to my house to watch the fireworks from our front lawn, only the best seat in the house!
I love the forth...I think even more than Christmas! It's full of tradition and I love that we have a day to celebrate our freedom and spend time with the ones we love!

8 comments:

Kamill said...

Looks like your 4th was fun and exciting too:) I think the 4th is my new favorite Holiday. We never did much growing up for the 4th but now that I have kids its so fun and exciting. I love the small town celebrations. We had such a great time this year. Can't wait for next year.

JeNNy said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been to demo derby in a long time they are so fun! the 4th of July is pretty fun!

JeNNy said...

ps i love your font and background waaaay cute!

Tyler & Laura said...

Man...NO ONE does the fourth of July like Delta!! Seriously! I miss it :( The parade is seriously the best--I think I used to get more candy at the parade than I would at Halloween!

And can I tell you...I seriously want those shoes you're wearing in your reunion pic :) And your top!

Tyler & Laura said...

Okay, AND you should come do my hair!

hannah said...

Cute pictures!! That's so cool that you had a little mini high school reunion. How fun! It looks like you had a blast on the 4th. By the way, your mom is so gorgeous! :)

Casie said...

I was so glad you were able to come to the bbq this year! It was so fun to see you and Megh and visit! I hope it's something we can keep going for years to come!

Karen said...

WOW you have had fun! Looks like fun and summer-y times!!! I love things like this.