10.04.2010

fear of flying: revisited

i brought attention to this issue of mine way back HERE,
and i wanted to let you all know how i'm doing.

i am still afraid to fly.
good news though.
i don't cry anymore :)
i think i forgot that i used to cry until luke so kindly said to me last week...
"remember when you cried when we flew to mexico"
yes-that WAS me. notice the was.

so, i still take a magic pill prescribed to me by my doc.
then i do my best to relax and keep my mind off crazy thoughts.


lately, as i fly to salt lake, i try to spot all the temples on the route.
just thinking about the temple as i'm flying gives me peace.
can you name the 3 i spotted on my last trip...



and who doesn't enjoy crop circles and the mystery of how they got there :)

and now for your reading pleasure...
some fun facts about flying:

*an airplane ticket cost $5 in the 1920's.

*an average of 61,000 people are airborne over the U.S. at any given hour.

*the flight data recorders in airplanes are called "black boxes", although they are really bright orange.

*the first women flight attendants in the 1930's were required to weigh no more than 115lbs, be nurses and unmarried.

*flying isn't dangerous, crashing is what's dangerous!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Obviously its St. George and Salt Lake and I THINK it's Draper. HAHA I'm offended it's not Oquirrh Mtn. It IS the best temple. LOL They're all the best! How often do you have to fly up here???

Lynda and Jerry said...

You are so funny.... Nice shots from the air. Love my blog - thanks for the update!!

Meghan said...

Love the post. I am glad you don't cry anymore when you fly :) Love the temple shots too.

Kristi said...

I'm so glad that flying is a little easier for you now and it's great that you have things to keep your mind off of flying. I don't like flying at all. It freaks me out. I worry about dying and crashing and turbulence. Not good.

Kristi said...

Love your new blog design and your mom's...you amaze me!

Kamill said...

Wish I could take your place. I love flying. I love everything about it. Its so fun being in the air looking down on everything. Great pictures:) Makes me want to book a trip. Glad you enjoy it more now and that you don't cry anymore... but its okay to cry. I cry alot....but its even when I am happy.

Utah Youngs said...

haha, funny that i should read this post TWO DAYS before i fly all the way across the country! we are flying out of st. geo and i am way excited to see our state from the sky! i'm a little nervous but more excited cuz i haven't been on a plane in a LOOOOOONG time!!