4.09.2011

{ april showers }

Today is one of those rainy spring days. I woke up early this morning to go get my bountiful basket. I met my sister and we stood in the rain. It was cold and wet. I still wanted to be snuggled in my warm bed at home. The one thing that I do love about all this moisture is that it's a sign of what's coming. Spring is in full bloom and warmer weather is on it's way. When I got home, Luke said this is the best time to weed our yard. What!? It's raining, don't you see. I guess it makes the ground soft so the weeds come out easier. I said, go for it...and he did, for a few minutes or a few weeds. I went outside for a sec to see his accomplishments. He actually did get the huge weed out from by our driveway that has been growing all winter. Another exciting thing, this week my bulbs have begun to grow again. I feel some what accomplished knowing I planted these a year ago and they are coming up again. Well, I hope that everyone is inside enjoying the rain and having a lovely spring time weekend.


1 comment:

The Felix Family said...

I absolutely LOVE the rain. I don't think I could live in a place that rained all time, but I sure do love when it rains here. Everything is so clean and fresh... Will you ask Luke to head on over to our place during the next rain storm? We could use some serious weed removal. It actually would probably take him a couple rain storms!!!