6.19.2011

summer weekend.

We made a quick trip up north this weekend for Luke's cousin's wedding reception. On Friday night we were able to meet Luke's sister Jill and my brother Chase for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a fun time as always. Then after dinner we were able to go over to my grandparents for a little while and visit. We sure love and miss them. That night we went to Luke's sister Jane's and spent the night. They live in Saratoga Springs and have such a pretty view from their deck. We got to spend time with our cute nephew Gavin (and his cousin Jackson). Luke was also able to help them dig trenches for their sprinklers which he got a bunch of huge blisters from (that's what happens when you don't wear gloves). On Saturday, Luke took me to Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch and then let me shop at a few of my favorite stores. We then went to the movies and just killed time before the reception started. We had a great night at the reception catching up with all of Luke's cousins and family. That night we slept at his aunt Nancy's beautiful home. She teaches school there so most of the bedrooms have desks instead of beds. Luckily there was a bed for us and we crashed. We had a busy weekend full of family time and even though we are both dead tired it was a great weekend.
P.S. My favorite moment of the weekend was when I got Luke to dance with me 2 times at his cousin's reception. I might be a little small town, kind of chic (not hick) , but who doesn't like to slow dance with their hubs.






1 comment:

The Felix Family said...

Fun weekend!! I bet it was nice to get away! I love to visit Salt Lake. If I had to live up there I think Saratoga Springs would be my first choice. It's definitely beautiful. Looks like it was a great time with fam.