8.16.2011

one year ago.


It has been one year. One year since my father in law passed away & One year since this sweet little girlie was born. On August 13th, I paced the hospital halls waiting for Lilly to get here. I didn't want to miss it. I couldn't miss it. Sure enough, Heavenly Father listened to my prayers and Lilly came just in time. I literally went in and took some photos, then I was out the door. I couldn't be late for my father in laws viewing. I think the whole idea of Lilly being born on this day was Heavenly Father's doing. He knew I needed her special spirit to carry me through the next few days. It was such an amazing experience to visit these two opposite realms within a few days of each other. It made me more fully understand the plan of salvation and know that we would see Luke's dad again. Time passes to quickly, some days it feels like Gary was just here and other days it feels like forever.We celebrated Gary last week with going to dinner with family and hanging out at the cemetery.The silly kids like to run free up there, I don't blame them, it's such a peaceful place.We celebrated Lil with lunch and of course, cake.
Life is good and I'm glad that both of these special people are a part of my family.


6 comments:

Katie said...

At my Grandma's burial spot in the cemetery there is a huge rock... and as kids we would always play Kind of the Rock! Still when I go there I laugh about it.... and it doesn't bother me at all when the other little kids do the same thing. I'm glad it's not a sad place for them to visit his Dad. It makes for great memories. Happy Birthday to your niece! I didn't realize we had nieces so close together! :)

The Felix Family said...

I can't even imagine what it would be like to loose a parent and I hope I don't find out for a very long time. What a tender mercy your niece is! She sure is a doll! And I LOVE the location you took that picture at.

Myles N Amanda said...

oh she is a doll!! cutest picture ever!

The Pennington's said...

Kourt are you going to be up this way anytime soon? I want you to take some pictures of Brecken. I still need his 1 year pictures done. Email me kellypennington1@yahoo.com

Michael and Bonnie said...

What a great picture of a one year old! I love your thoughts, they always cheer me up.

Lucy and Landon said...

Love you Kourt!! Call me anytime. We need to make a trip to St.George and have some fun!