So, I watched this movie last night and balled my eyes out. I finished the movie feeling so much love and gratitude for my pioneer ancestors than I think I ever have. Definitely I would recommend this movie to anyone. Another reason I initially wanted to watch this was because one of the main characters in the movie, Levi Savage, is buried in the same cemetery, about 15ft from Luke's dad-pretty cool, I thought. Have any of you seen it? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:
I want to see it! I keep forgetting! A lady I work with told me about it. I love all Church History stuff. It's my favorite... so I'm glad you recommend it!
I also bawled my eyes out!! I love that movie. I can not even imagine the things those pioneers had to endure. One of my favorite miracles was the lady with the jerky and another was the mom who had the faith to believe the blessing she was given that all of her children would have make it alive and she wouldn't leave her dead daughter.
I have seen it and bawled and came out feeling the same way. Several of the stories are my husband's direct ancestors, so my love for them increased DEEPLY. Something that touched me the most was when an old lady's final words were, "It will all be worth it if my posterity will keep the faith." That impacted me A LOT.
Post a Comment