4.06.2014

LDS Conference

       Today was our church's semi annual general conference. This is where the leaders of our church share messages of inspiration and encouragement. Even if you are not of my faith, many of their words can apply to everyone. One of my favorite messages from today was Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk. He talked about being thankful "in" our situations. Meaning whether we are going through a trial or hardship or we are in a happy time of our life when everything is going right, we should be grateful. I am really one of those that is so grateful when nothing is going wrong but quick to be bitter when things are not going my way. There are so many things to be thankful for, even in a time of hardship. One of my biggest trials is our infertility. As I listened to this talk today I tried to list many of the great blessings that have come from this hardship:  Becoming closer with my husband, relying on the Lord, learning to fully trust in the Saviors plan for me, many many new lifetime friends, opportunities to serve others with infertility, financial resposibility, relying on the Priesthood, faith in His timing, a greater appreciation for mothers, the list is endless. Elder Uchtdorf's words really inspired me and I will now try to look at my trials differently, because we can never experience the rainbow without going through the rain.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think that is a beautiful message. During our struggles, I always tried to see and focus on the silver linings. For example, even though we did not get pregnant this month, I can go on vacation and not have to worry about being nauseas, etc.

This time around I hated the fact that we could plan out the pregnancy but I have tried to look at it as we can plan the pregnancy to fit in with work events, vacations, etc.

Great message.