2.13.2011

first annual jackson cupcake party.

Yesterday was the first annual Jackson cupcake party.
It was hosted by my cousin Char.
You had to be in the Jackson family to attend.
We were all asked to bring a dozen cupcakes homemade or from the store.
Then when we arrived we had soup, rolls and fruit for lunch.
After that we all just chatted and got to catch up on life.
I am so blessed to belong to such a fun family who makes me feel so comfortable.
Char had such a great idea to do this and I hope we do it every year!

I have never made home made cupcakes so I wanted to take the challenge.
My mom gave me her recipe for her Butter Cake and I used that for my cupcakes.
I bought a mini cake decorating kit and piped the frosting on the tops.
I put two scrap book stickers together with a toothpick in the middle to make the toppers.
I thought they turned out pretty cute for my first attempt at home made.
I thought this cupcake garland was so cute at the party.
Jackson crew.

Most of the cupcakes-Some got eaten by the time I was taking the pics!
At the end of the party we all got to come home with an assortment of cupcakes.
Yummy, huh!

7 comments:

The Felix Family said...

I am so super impressed!!! I cannot bake to save my life. I try really hard, but for whatever reason cupcakes never turn out right. It looks like a fun day and I love the wall you guys are standing in front of. Cute house!

Myles N Amanda said...

how cute!!! i love it. thats sounds so fun!

Lynda and Jerry said...

Yum-O!! I seriously need a cupcake right now. I love how your cupcakes turned out. What a fun idea for a party!

Meghan said...

how fun! Maybe we need to do this :) Your cupcakes turned out cute!

Rappleye Family said...

That is a freakin' cute idea!!! LOVE IT

hannah said...

What a fun idea for a tradition! Your cupcakes look completely delectable. :) Now I'm hungry for cupcakes....

we share: said...

this was one tradition we have to keep going! I loved it too and I am so thankful for such a great family! Thanks for coming and for the pictures! Your cupcakes were darling and deliscious!